This site represents the bid to save and preserve the last complete Hawker Siddeley HS.121 Trident 1C anywhere in the world. This is G-ARPO, the 16th Trident built and the last 1C to fly. It is based in the north east of England. It was moved to the North East Aircraft Museum at Sunderland in Summer 2011 and will be restored.
Our 2013 fundraising target is £3,000
We need this to keep the project going this year by:
- Re-cover seats with new material
- Paint and restore rear cabin
- Obtain and transport Spey engine casings
- Transport original aircraft steps from Cosford
- Wire up lighting and power inside aircraft
- Move aircraft onto display area at museum
- Prime the the exterior ready to paint
This will not complete the project, but help us advance it to a good stage. All money goes towards the aircraft; no team member takes anything from it.
Special thanks go out to Stuart Davies and Steven Metcalf at Serco's IFTC for their commitment and support for this project, and for allowing us to take the aircraft.
Thanks also to Peter Foster, former Senior Duty Manager at Durham Tees Valley, who has a vast experience in aviation and was the last man to marshall G-ARPO.